What You Should Know
When choosing the right painting contractor, consider the following:
- Does the contractor have a permanent business location and a good reputation with the local banks and suppliers?
- How long has the company/contractor been in business? It usually takes three to five years to establish a financially sound business.
- Does the contractor have proof of general liability insurance?
- Will the contractor provide you with names of previous customers? If so, ask if they would hire the same company/contractor again.
- Are you able to communicate easily with the contractor? Misunderstandings during the course of a project can lead to delays.
- Do you feel comfortable with the contractor? Remember, you will be in close contact with him and will share your house with his crew until the project is completed.
- Will the contractor provide you with a complete and clearly written contract.
© 2019 Colorwise and More